Garage door openers are fairly basic machines that tend to last a long time. The typical garage door opener lifespan is 10 to 15 years, but if you maintain the rollers and springs in good working order, you could get 20 years or more out of a decent garage door opener. Even if your current garage door opener is still functioning well, there are several compelling reasons to consider replacing it. The newest versions have improved safety, security, and convenience, which may be enough to justify a new garage door opener.
If your garage door opener has stopped working and you need a new one, call us for LiftMaster garage door opener replacement in Glendale. We have the most experienced technicians on staff who will provide high-quality service to ensure the installation is done correctly the first time around.
Here are some of the most common reasons people replace their garage door opener:
1. The most obvious reason to replace your garage door opener is if it stops working. If the motor breaks down and needs to be replaced, this could be an opportunity to upgrade from a chain drive to a belt drive. A belt-drive system has less friction than a chain-driven one, which makes it both quieter and more efficient.
2. The door is too heavy for the old motor. If you have a heavy steel door with lots of insulation, it can be difficult for older models to lift it. Newer garage door openers are designed to handle heavier doors and can work more efficiently than older models.
3. The old opener makes too much noise. Newer models are quieter than older ones, which means that your neighbors won’t be disturbed by the sound of your garage door opening and closing each day.
4. The remote doesn’t work anymore, or it breaks frequently. If you find yourself having to replace your remote on a regular basis, it may be time for an upgrade.
5. The old opener doesn’t have safety features. Newer models come with sensors that prevent the door from closing if there is something in the way or if it detects an obstruction on top of the door.
6. The old opener is no longer compatible with the new garage door. If you’ve recently purchased a new home and have had to replace your garage door, it’s likely that your old opener won’t work with your new door.
7. The old one has reached its life expectancy. Most garage door openers are designed to last anywhere from 10 to 15 years before they need replacement.
Garage door openers play a crucial role in the smooth operation of your garage door. If your opener is malfunctioning, it can cause all sorts of problems, from difficulty opening and closing the door to unexpected movements while the door is in use. In some cases, a faulty opener may even pose a safety hazard. If you're experiencing any of these issues, it may be time to replace your garage door opener.
Cactus Garage Door Repair has a fantastic range of high-quality LiftMaster garage door openers available for you. Nationally recognized as a trustworthy brand, LiftMaster garage door openers have gained widespread popularity. These top-of-the-line garage door openers are equipped with rolling codes, myQ smart door technology, and other useful functions. In addition to these great features, their durable construction ensures that they will withstand the elements and keep your garage door functioning properly for years to come.
If you live in Glendale or the surrounding areas, contact Cactus Garage Door Repair today to schedule a consultation. Our garage experts will help you choose the right LiftMaster garage door opener for your needs and budget. Browse our previous work to see the quality of our garage door opener installations. We look forward to helping you choose the perfect garage door opener for your home.